6 servings / 30 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 20 min
- 5 cups (1.25 L) halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chickpeas (if using canned, be sure to thoroughly rinse)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1 box (13 oz/375 g) whole grain spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Optional garnish: 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a rimmed 13 x 18 -inch (33 x 48 cm) baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place tomatoes, chickpeas, garlic, canola oil, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper in a large bowl. Gently toss.
- Place tomato mixture on prepared pan and roast for 15 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water cook pasta according to package directions. Pasta should be tender but firm. Drain (do not rinse), reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of pasta water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, adding in roasted tomato mixture (be sure to get all the pan juices), reserved pasta water, and fresh basil. Gently toss.
- Divide pasta into bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves and cheese, if using.
Nutritional info per serving (10 oz (300 g) pasta and sauce)
- Calories 410
- Protein 18 g
- Total fat 11 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
- Carbohydrates 65 g
Fibre 6 g
Sugars 9 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 125 mg
- Potassium 481 mg