4-6 servings / 35 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 20 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped butternut squash
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pkg (500 g) potato gnocchi
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each chopped fresh thyme and sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, toss together squash, tomatoes, gnocchi and onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together broth, oil, garlic, thyme, sage and hot pepper flakes. Pour over squash mixture and toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread mixture onto parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in preheated 450F (232C) oven for 12 minutes. Using a flat spatula, flip gnocchi mixture over and continue to roast for about 10 minutes or until golden and squash is tender.
- Scrape into serving bowl and toss with cheese and parsley to serve.
Tip: The hot pepper flakes add a little zip to this dish. If you are not a fan of heat or spice simply reduce the hot pepper flakes to a pinch.
Nutritional info per serving (1/4th recipe)
- Calories: 321
- Protein: 11 g
- Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 6 mg
- Carbohydrates: 64 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sugars: 6 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 384 mg
- Potassium: 994 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.