2 servings / 43 min
Prep 25 min / Cook 18 min
- 2 large sweet peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) quinoa
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) reduced fat Tex-Mex shredded cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Halve peppers lengthwise through stems; remove seeds and ribs. Boil peppers in large pot of boiling water 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside on plate.
- Combine quinoa and 2/3 cup (150 mL) water in small saucepan. Bring to boil; cover and cook 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- In large non-stick skillet; heat canola oil over medium heat. Add onion and cumin; cook 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine onion, quinoa, corn, black beans, red peppers and cilantro. Stir in half of the cheese. Fill pepper halves with quinoa mixture. Place peppers in 8-inch (20 cm) baking pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake in oven 15 minutes. Remove foil; cook 3 minutes longer.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 330
- Protein 13 g
- Total fat 12 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
- Carbohydrates 43 g
Fibre 8 g
Sugars 10 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 270 mg
- Potassium 598 mg