4 servings / 23 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 8 min
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated zucchini, squeezed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, stir together flour and water. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking briskly after each addition. Stir in coleslaw mix and ginger until combined.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon about 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the mixture into skillet, flattening out to form pancake shape. Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden. Flip over and cook other side for about 2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Topping: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together zucchini, carrot, soy sauce, Worcestershire and hot sauces.
- Top each pancake with zucchini mixture to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 de 4)
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 10 g
- Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 195 mg
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fibre: 2 g
Sugars: 4 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Potassium: 350 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.