4 servings / 35 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium reduced vegetable broth
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 zucchini, sliced or 1 cup (250 mL) chopped asparagus
- 1 small head radicchio, chopped
- 1 small yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- In a small saucepan, bring quinoa, broth and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Stir in basil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss zucchini, radicchio, yellow pepper, parsley, oil and pepper together in grill basket. Place on medium high grill, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are charred slightly and softened.
- Spread quinoa onto large serving platter and top with vegetables. Drizzle all over with balsamic vinegar to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 140
- Protein 4 g
- Total fat 4 g
Saturated fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 21 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 150 mg
- Potassium 410 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.