4 servings / 20 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 10 min
You can substitute zucchini or carrots for the peppers.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 3 peppers, one red, yellow and orange or green, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1 tub (5 oz/142 g) baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chunky salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add red, yellow and green peppers and oregano and saute for 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Reduce heat to medium and stir in spinach, garlic and hot pepper flakes; cook stirring for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Make 4 little holes in the pepper mixture and crack an egg into each hole. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes or until egg is set or until desired doneness. Remove from heat and using flat spatula, lift out egg and pepper mixture onto 4 plates. Top with salsa to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 8 g
- Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sugars: 3 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Potassium: 500 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2019.