3 servings / 35 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 20 min
- 1 head broccoli (at least 2 stalks)
- 175 g or half a 350 g pkg extra firm tofu, diced
- Half a red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sriracha chili sauce or hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut stalks from broccoli and peel. Cut broccoli top into small florets and chop peeled broccoli stem; place in a large bowl. Add tofu and red onion.
- Drizzle vegetables and tofu with soy sauce and oil. Add garlic, ginger and sriracha, if using. Toss well until everything is coated.
- Spread onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in 400° F (200° C) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and return to bowl.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using before serving.
Nutritional info per serving ( 1 of 3)
- Calories 140
- Protein 14 g
- Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 400 mg
- Potassium 480 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.