2 servings / 45 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 25 min
Steak and vegetables:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) each: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each: onion powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, paprika
- 1/2 lb (250 g) beef strip loin steak
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) yogurt, 0% fat M.F.
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each: crushed garlic and Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In large bowl, stir together cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots with canola oil. In small bowl combine spices and sprinkle over vegetables; toss to coat well. Arrange vegetables in single layer on foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Place pan in oven; roast 12 minutes.
- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; sear steak 2 minutes on each side. Cover and set aside.
- Garlic Aioli: In small bowl, combine yogurt, water, garlic and mustard.
- Push vegetables aside; place steak in centre. Cook 4 to 6 minutes longer or until steak reaches medium-rare (140°F/60°C). Place steak on cutting board; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Divide roasted vegetables between plates. Top each with half of the steak slices; drizzle each with garlic aioli.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 320
- Protein 34 g
- Total fat 12 g
Saturated fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
- Carbohydrates 20 g
Fibre 7 g
Sugars 8 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 210 mg
- Potassium 1215 mg