4 servings / 45 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 25 min
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 oz (250 g) ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- Using a small spoon or knife if necessary, remove inside of zucchini halves, leaving a wall around edge. Chop up zucchini insides finely; set aside. Spray hollowed out zucchini halves with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini halves on greased grill over medium heat and grill, turning once for about 5 minutes or until lightly grill marked. Set aside on small baking sheet.
- In a skillet, cook turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder and chopped zucchini over medium high heat, stirring often for about 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and liquid evaporates and vegetables start to brown. Remove from heat and stir in salsa and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the breadcrumbs. Fill zucchini boats with turkey mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining breadcrumbs, parsley, if using and oil. Sprinkle over top of each filled zucchini. Place baking sheet on grill; close lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is tender but firm.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 170
- Protein 16 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
- Carbohydrates 11 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 200 mg
- Potassium 550 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.