4 servings / 15 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 10 min
- Reserved Flank steak with soy-lime reduction*
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) canola oil, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 185°F (85°C). Thinly slice reserved beef, then cut slices into 1/4-inch wide strips; set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise to form long “ribbons.”
- Working in 2 batches, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini and cook 1 1/2–2 minutes or until just tender-crisp, using 2 utensils to stir as you would a stir-fry. Place immediately on a serving platter and place in low-heat oven to keep warm; do NOT cover. Repeat with 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil and remaining zucchini. Add to the zucchini.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil in the skillet; cook the mushrooms and peppers 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the beef. Cook 1–2 minutes or until heated. Spoon mixture over zucchini.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in the reserved sauce, orange zest, and orange juice, drizzle over all, and sprinkle with green onion.
*Note: Reserved from preparing the Flank steak with soy-lime reduction recipe.
Nutritional info per serving
Serving size: 1/2 cup (125 mL) zucchini and 1 cup (250 mL) beef mixture
- Calories 280
- Protein 29 g
- Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
- Carbohydrates 15 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 11 g
Added Sugar 2 g
- Sodium 270 mg
- Potassium 1172 mg