4 servings / 33 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 18 min
- 1 lb (454 g) large fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (10 mL)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar (45 mL)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (25 mL)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (25 mL)
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper (1 mL)
- 4 skinless salmon portions, about 1 lb/500 g total
- Using a chef’s knife, mandolin or food processor, thinly slice Brussels sprouts; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook shallot for 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in Brussel sprouts and garlic; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until starting to wilt.
- Stir in vinegar to coat; add bell pepper and remove from heat. Stir together mustard, parsley and pepper together and coat salmon portions with mix-ture. Nestle into Brussel sprouts in skillet; cover and return to medium heat. Cook, about 10 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with fork.
- If you want a bigger zip of vinegar add another 1 tbsp (15 mL) before serving it.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 285
- Protein: 24 g
- Total fat: 14 g
Saturated fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fibre: 5 g
Sugars: 3 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Potassium: 850 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2019.