6 servings / 25 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 10 min
- 1 salmon fillet (12 oz/375 g)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime rind
- ½ cup (125 mL) whole-wheat orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium orange or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup (175 mL) medium spicy salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- Optional: small handful of chopped toasted almonds
- In small bowl, combine chili powder and lime rind and rub it all over the salmon fillet.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on greased grill over medium high heat and close lid. Grill for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling water, cook orzo for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and place in large bowl. Add beans, pepper, corn and tomatoes.
- Remove skin from salmon and break apart into large chunks and add to bowl. Add parsley and toss gently to combine. Stir in salsa and lime juice and toss again. Sprinkle with almonds before serving (optional).
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories: 281
- Protein: 20 g
- Total fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Dietary cholesterol: 32 mg
- Carbohydrate: 37 mg
Dietary fibre: 8 g
- Sodium: 512 mg
- Potassium: 739 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2009.