4 servings / 10 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 0 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) blueberry pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar (or can use pourable sugar substitute)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon or lime zest
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper flakes
- 8 cups arugula (about 6 oz/170 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onions (2 oz / 60 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- 4 oz (125 g) salmon, flaked
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) slivered almonds or pecans, toasted
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- In small jar, combine pomegranate juice, sugar, lemon or lime zest, lemon or lime juice, vinegar, canola oil and pepper flakes. Secure tightly with lid and shake vigorously until well blended.
- Arrange equal amounts of arugula, onions and berries on each of four dinner plates. Shake jar vigorously and spoon equal amounts of salad dressing (3 tbsp/45 mL each) over each plate. Sprinkle evenly with salmon, nuts and top with black pepper. Serve immediately for peak flavours and texture.
Tip: Salad dressing may be made up to a week in advance, but the intensity of the pepper flakes will increase slightly.
Nutritional info per serving
(2 1/2 cups (625 mL) salad and 3 tbsp (45 mL) dressing