2 servings / 30 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 15 min
These tacos make a refreshing light dinner. For an added kick be sure to add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the chili powder.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 oz (227 g) haddock loins or fillets
- 2 small yellow fleshed potatoes (about 8 oz/227 g)
- 2 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Half red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together oil and chili powder. Toss haddock with oil mixture to coat and place on small baking sheet. Bake in 425° F (220° C) oven for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes when tested.
- Meanwhile, prick potatoes all around with a fork. Microwave for about 5 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool slightly.
- Wrap haddock in lettuce and sprinkle with red pepper, carrot and parsley. Squeeze lime wedge over top. Serve with potato cut in half and topped with yogurt and chives, if using.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 231
- Protein 25 g
- Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
- Carbohydrates 24 g
Fibre 3 g
Total sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 106 mg
- Potassium 938 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2016.