4 servings / 15 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 5 min
This simple yet elegant salad is perfect to enjoy on the deck with friends and family. Look for large shrimp to put right on the grill, but if they are smaller simply use a grill basket.
- 1 bag (454 g) frozen jumbo shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp (10 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 small whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mixed spring greens
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sherry vinegar
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- In a bowl, toss shrimp with paprika, oil and pepper. Place on oiled grill over medium high heat, turning once for about 4 minutes or until firm and pink. Remove to a clean bowl and toss with cilantro and lemon juice.
- Place tortillas on grill and toast on both sides. Place one on each dinner plate.
- In another bowl, toss greens with vinegar and pepper. Top each tortilla with greens and sprinkle with tomatoes. Top with grilled shrimp to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup/250 ml)
- Calories 228
- Protein 24 g
- Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 180 mg
- Carbohydrates 21 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 419 mg
- Potassium 594 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2014.