14 servings / 15 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 5 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rasped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, rasped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sriracha sauce (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL for a spicier kick)
- 1 pkg (454 g) large raw shrimp, thawed peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- In a bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sriracha. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Using small skewers, push 2 shrimps onto each skewer and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place shrimp on grill over medium heat and grill shrimp turning once for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve on arugula.
Nutritional info per serving (3 skewers with arugula)
- Calories: 74
- Protein: 14 g
- Total fat: 0.5 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fibre: 0 g
Sugars: 0 g
Added sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 390 mg
- Potassium: 205 mg*
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.