2 servings / 45 min
Prep 25 min / Cook 18-20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) eggplant, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini, diced
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) each: diced sweet red pepper and diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil (or 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each: pepper, onion powder and paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each: garlic powder and cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (200 g) basa fillet
- In Dutch oven over medium heat, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) of the canola oil. Add eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, garlic and basil. Cook, covered, for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in small bowl mix together spices. Brush basa fillet with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the canola oil. Sprinkle spice mixture over both sides of fish.
- Heat remaining canola oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fish 2 to 3 minutes per side until the fish flakes easily.
- Spoon half of the ratatouille onto each plate. Divide fish in half; place over ratatouille.
Nutritional info per serving (497 g)
- Calories 270
- Protein 21 g
- Total fat 11 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
- Carbohydrates 23 g
Fibre 7 g
Sugars 12 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 65 mg
- Potassium 1279 mg