12 servings / 25 mins
Prep 10 min / Cook 15 min
In these cookies no egg or flour is used. These have a soft texture with an addictive taste.
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) large flake oats
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flax or chia seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dried cranberries
- In a bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together oats, flax and cinnamon. Stir into banana mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Scoop dough into 12 mounds onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten each slightly and bake in 350° F (180° C) oven for about 12 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch. Let cool before removing from baking sheet.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cookie)
- Calories 73
- Protein 2 g
- Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
Fibre 2 g
Total sugars 5 g
Added sugars 2 g
- Sodium 1 mg
- Potassium 120 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2012.