36 cookies / 27 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 12 min
These chewy little nuggets are perfect to tuck into a lunch bag or enjoy after school with milk. Pack them for on-the-go treats in the car for the family, perfect to pop in your mouth!
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose flour with added bran
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground ginger and nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded carrots (2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flaxmeal
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted and roasted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, water, oil, flax and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in carrots and seeds.
- Scoop dough in tablespoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in 400° F (204° C) oven for about 12 minutes or until bottom is golden and centre is still soft. Repeat with remaining dough.
Tip: Use a mini ice cream scoop for easy portioning of the cooking dough.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional info per serving (2 cookies)
- Calories 97
- Protein 2 g
- Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 14 g
Fibre 2 g
Total sugars 5 g
Added sugars 4 g
- Sodium 27 mg
- Potassium 92 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2015.