45 min / 10 servings
Prep 10 min / Cook 35 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped fennel
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled, cubed white potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC). Spray 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) glass baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, fennel, onion and fennel seeds and sauté 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat and stir in potatoes. Evenly spread vegetable mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs with milk and black pepper. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle cheddar and feta cheese evenly over top. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
Tip: Bake and serve in individual ramekins for a personal, elegant touch.
Nutritional info per serving ( 1 slice)
- Calories 140
- Protein 10 g
- Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 175 mg
- Carbohydrates 8 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 230 mg
- Potassium 233 mg