8 servings / 5 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 0 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Balkan style plain yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sumac or ground cumin
- 20 small whole grain crackers or 2 cups (500 mL) baby vegetables
- Stir together yogurt and ricotta cheese. Scrape mixture into a fine mesh sieve lined with a coffee filter. Set sieve over a bowl and cover with plastic. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Scrape yogurt mixture onto a plate and spread evenly. Sprinkle with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with lemon zest and sumac.
- Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Nutritional info per serving
Serving size: (3 tbsp/45 mL labneh with 6 crackers)
- Calories 150
- Protein 7 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
- Carbohydrates 16 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 190 mg
- Potassium 80 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.