2 servings / 25 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 5 min
- 3 fast fry beef striploin steaks (about 200 g)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or mint, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed baby arugula or thinly sliced spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienned cucumber (matchstick)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) julienned carrot (matchstick)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 4 large rice paper wrappers
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh mango (optional)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh mint
- Thinly slice steaks into strips and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cilantro, soy sauce and hot pepper flakes.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and saute beef mixture for 3 minutes or until hint of pink remains. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, toss together arugula, cucumber, carrot and lime juice.
- Dip 1 rice paper wrapper into warm water until limp. Place on dry clean tea towel and place a quarter of the greens mixture in the centre. Top with a quarter of the beef, mango, if using and sprinkle with mint. Tuck 2 sides in and roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Nutritional info per serving (2 salad rolls)
- Calories 290
- Protein 27 g
- Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
- Carbohydrates 23 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 500 mg
- Potassium 460 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.