1 serving / 12 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 2 min
- 2 tsp (10mL) soft, non-hydrogenated margarine
- ¼ cup (60 mL) skim milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) dried oregano
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 egg white or 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid egg white
- In 1 L (4 cup) bowl, combine margarine and milk. Microwave on High for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour, oregano and pepper. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in red pepper.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg white until firm peaks. Fold into milk mixture until evenly combined. Microwave on High for about 1 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- Slide out onto plate to enjoy.
Nutritional info per serving
- Calories: 137
- Protein: 7 g
- Total Fat: 8g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol : 1 mg
- Carbohydrate: 10 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 4 g
Added sugar 0 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Potassium: 181 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.