- Transportation Canada- Accessibility: It's the Agency's responsibility to ensure that everyone enjoys the same access to travel. They aim to resolve complaints, create codes of practice, and ensure service providers are meeting Agency standards for accessible transportation
- Transportation Canada - Moving Ahead : A blog about accessible transportation for persons with disabilities.
- British Columbia - Ministry of Social Development: A universal bus pass is available for low-income seniors and persons with disabilities.
- HandyDART: HandyDART uses specially-equipped vehicles to carry passengers with physical or cognitive disabilities who need assistance to use public transit.
- HealthLinkBC: Find transportation resources in your community using HealthLinkBC's directory.
- BC Employment and Assistance Services - Special Transportation Subsidy (STS)STS helps those unable to use public transportation due to their disability.
- City of Calgary - Seniors Programs and Services: Find transportation services for seniors and those with disabilities.
- Specialized Transportation Service: Listing of disability related transportation options in Alberta.
- Driving Miss Daisy Senior Services: Transportation services for seniors and those with disabilities.
- Social Services - Discounted Bus Pass: The Discounted Bus Pass Program allows people with lower incomes to access quality public transportation.
- Saskatoon Transit - Access Transit: Access Transit is a shared-ride service, travelling on an accessible door to accessible door basis.
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council - Access Transit: Access Transit provides transportation to individuals with specific mobility challenges who require travel assistance within city limits.
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council - The Parking Program for People with DisabilitiesThis program issues parking permits for designated parking spots to individuals with specific mobility challenges.
- Para-transit & Wheelchair Transportation in Winnipeg: A listing of transportation services in Winnipeg
- Handi Transit : Handi Transit provide door to door transportation for people who are unable to use regular transit because they are legally blind or have a physical disability.
- Society for Manitobans with Disabilities - Parking Permit ProgramApply for a parking permit that allows you to park in specially designated spots at a close distance from the entrance.
- Brandon Handi - Transit: Handi-Transit Service is for passengers with disabilities who cannot use the regular Transit service in the city of Brandon.
- March of Dimes - Home & Vehicle Modification® Program: Provides funding for basic home and/or vehicle modifications.
- Toronto Transit Commission: Wheel-Trans: Provides door-to-door accessible transit service for persons with physical disabilities using accessible buses, contracted accessible minivans and sedan taxis.
- Trans Care - Community Support Services: Low cost and senior/disabled-friendly transportation and escort services to medical appointments, other therapeutic programs and grocery shopping in the Scarborough area.
- Service Ontario - Accessible Parking Permits: Find a permit to allow a person with disabilities to use accessible parking spaces.
- West GTA Stroke Network - Community Resources Downloadable community resource book with a listing of stroke resources available for residents of the West GTA
- The Disabled and Aged Regional Transportation System (D.A.R.T.S.): D.A.R.T.S. is a door to door transportation service in Hamilton employing wheelchair accessible buses and contracted taxi services when appropriate.
- Canadian Red Cross - Transportation: The Red Cross provides transportation services for those in need, such as those who are elderly or disabled.
- The Healthline: Enter your community name or a postal code to find health and community services in Ontario.
- Services Québec - Paratransit Eligibility : If you have a disability that significantly compromises your mobility, you could qualify for the paratransit service.
- Quebec for All: Quebec for all is a database of over 1,700 tourism and cultural organizations and businesses assessed by Kéroul and certified fully or partially accessible, spread across 21 regions of Quebec.
- NB Transportation and Infrastructure - Accessible Transportation: The New Brunswick Department of Transportation and Infrastructure currently provides two services to increase the mobility of persons with a disability and seniors.
- NB Transportation and Infrastructure - Vehicle retrofit Program: This program provides financial assistance towards the cost of supplying and installing eligible retrofitting and accessibility features for vehicles.
- Municipal Government Services: Metro Transit - Access-A-Bus (AAB)Provides door-to-door, transit service in Halifax for persons who are unable to use the conventional transit system due to physical or cognitive disability.
- VON Transportation Services: VON volunteers provide seniors and adults with disabilities transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping, adult day programs, and other appointments.
- Nova Scotia Health Authority- Driver Evaluation Program: Our service is designed for drivers of all ages who have experienced a health change that could affect their ability to drive safely.
- Halifax Accessibility: This site offers links to information on programs and information for those citizens and visitors to the area requiring accessible services.
Prince Edward Island
- Justice and Public Safety- Designated Disabled Parking: The Province of New Brunswick issues parking placards and permits for persons with disabilities to promote designated parking spaces for persons with disabilities.
- Out-of-Province Travel Support Program: Cost assistance to travel with Maritime Bus for non-emergency medical services in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia.
No identified resources. If you have resources to recommend, please contact us.
- NWT Disability Council- Parking Permit Program: This permit allows the registered user to park any car they are using in specially identified parking spots.
- Yukon Transit- Handy Bus Services: Handy Bus offers safe and secure transportation to persons who, for a variety of reasons, have difficulty using regular transit service.
If you know of a resource that should be included or you identify an error please contact us.
Inclusion of a website or organization in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The opinions and views expressed on a website or external source material are independent from those of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate medical advice from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional prior to acting upon any information available through this listing.