- Service Canada - Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP): RRAP-D On-Reserve offers financial assistance to First Nations and First Nation members to undertake accessibility work to modify dwellings occupied or intended for occupancy by persons with disabilities.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation: CMHC provides information and resources on various affordable housing options across Canada. This includes information on accessible and adaptable housing.
- BC Housing - Seniors’ Supportive Housing: This program provides low-income seniors and people with disabilities accessible housing with supports.
- Stroke Recovery BC - Home Adjustments After a Stroke: This guide provides a number of tips to make every room in the house easier and safer to enjoy following a stroke.
- Accessible Housing: A list of resources intended to help communities and individuals make homes more accessible.
- Accessible Housing Society: A program that assists in housing people with physical disabilities in the Calgary, Alberta area.
- Kerby Wellness Centre: Consultation services on all aspects of senior housing in the Calgary region.
- City of Calgary - City Link Home Maintenance Program: This program provides basic yard care, snow removal, house cleaning, interior and exterior painting and minor repairs.
- Residential Access Modification Program: A program available to eligible wheelchair users to modify their home to be more wheelchair accessible. Applicants can apply for a RAMP grant for up to $5,000.
- Seniors Home Adaptation and Repair Program (SHARP): SHARP provides low-interest home equity loans to help seniors finance necessary repairs, adaptations and renovations to their homes.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation - Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program for Persons with Disabilities on Reserve (RPRAP-D) RRAP-D On-Reserve offers financial assistance to First Nations and First Nation members to undertake accessibility work to modify dwellings occupied by persons with disabilities.
- Government of Saskatchewan - Adaption for Independence Program: This program provides financial assistance to low-income homeowners or rental property owners to make a home more accessible for a person with a disability.
- Manitoba Housing - Subsidized Rental Housing: Low income seniors renting in the private market may be eligible for financial assistance under Rent Assist.
- Manitoba Co-Operative Housing (CO-OPS): This type of housing is owned by members who live in the building. Co-operatives may have subsidies available.
- Ontario’s Long-Term Affordable Housing Strategy - Ontario Renovates ProgramThis program provides funding to low income seniors and to persons with disabilities for necessary repairs and accessibility modifications to support independent living.
- West GTA Stroke Network - Community Resources: Downloadable community resource book with a listing of stroke resources available for residents of the West GTA.
- The Healthline: Enter your community name or a postal code to find health and community services in Ontario.
- Services Québec - Residential Adaptation Assistance Program: This program provides homeowners and landlords with financial assistance to adapt their dwellings.
- Société Logique - Adapting a Residence: Société Logique offers universal design consultations on creating accessible living spaces.
- NB Social Development - Housing Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Funding available to make accessible modifications to a house or rented property.
- Housing Nova Scotia - Housing Programs for Persons with Disabilities: Housing Nova Scotia offers programs to help lower income people with disabilities make modifications to their homes so they are more accessible.
- Housing Nova Scotia - Housing for Seniors: Housing Nova Scotia offers several programs to help seniors with lower incomes maintain and modify their homes to ensure they are safe and affordable.
Prince Edward Island
- Family and Human Services - PEI Home Renovation Programs: This program can offer op to a maximum $8,000 if you are a person with a permanent disability and if the renovations are to help you accommodate your disability.
- Seniors Housing Program: The federal and provincial governments provide funding for building and maintaining seniors housing projects. Units can be adapted for accessibility needs.
Newfoundland & Labrador
- Newfoundland & Labrador Seniors, Wellness and Social Development: A listing of programs available to those in need of housing support including seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Newfoundland & Labrador Housing - Services and Programs: Housing programs for the citizens of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Home Modification Program (HMP): HMP is designed to provide funding to assist homeowners with low-to-moderate income who require accessibility changes to their residence.
- Nunvaut Housing Corporation Programs (SDPMP): The Nunavut Housing Corporation provides programs to assist existing homeowners with some of the costs associated with maintaining their homes.
- Northwest Territories Housing Corporation - Contributing Assistance for Repairs and Enhancements (CARE) CARE assists existing homeowners in making necessary repairs to their home. This includes mobility modification for accessible living.
- Yukon Housing Corporation - Seniors and Accessibility Advisory Committee: Information and contact information regarding the Social Housing Program, the Seniors’ Home and Yard Maintenance Program, and the Accessibility Advisory Committee.
- Yukon Housing Corporation - Accessibility Enhancement Grants: This program aims to help landlords and homeowners to undertake accessibility enhancements.
Services and resources home page
If you know of a resource that should be included or you identify an error please contact us.
Inclusion of a website or organization in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The opinions and views expressed on a website or external source material are independent from those of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate medical advice from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional prior to acting upon any information available through this listing.