No identified resources. If you have resources to recommend, please contact us.
- HealthLinkBC: Call 8-1-1 from anywhere in British Columbia to speak with a nurse 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- HealthLink Alberta - 811: A toll-free phone number that provides health advice and information by registered nurses 24/7 to all Albertans.
- Access Mental Health: Central referral source for all mental health programs in Alberta. Call for information on options for addiction and mental health services.
Phone: 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Calgary Counseling Centre: Find Individual, group, and family/marital counseling. Fees based on ability to pay.
- Alberta Telehealth: Telehealth in Alberta primarily uses videoconference technology to connect Albertans with the best possible health care.
- Distress Centre Calgary (DCC): DCC provides 24 hour crisis support, professional counselling and referrals.
Phone: 403-266- 4357 (HELP)
- Telehealth Saskatchewan: The program uses secure videoconferencing equipment to link patients to health care from a distance.
- HealthLine - 811: HealthLine is confidential, 24-hour health information and support line staffed by experienced registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and social workers.
- Manitoba Telehealth: Telehealth provides access to health services through the use of technologies, to overcome the barriers of distance, time, and expense.
Phone: 204-940-8500 Option 4
Toll-free: 1-866-999-9698 Option 4
- Winnipeg Health Links: Health Links is a 24/7 telephone information service staffed by registered nurses who provide answers to health care questions.
Toll Free: 1-888-315-9257
- TeleCARE: At TeleCARE Manitoba, nurses specialized in chronic disease self-management contact patients by phone based on an individualized call monitoring schedule.
Toll Free: 1-888-315-9257
- Dial-A-Dietitian: Connects callers to a Registered Dietitian who can put the science of nutrition into everyday practical advice.
Toll free: 1-877-830-2892
- TeleHealth Ontario: Telehealth Ontario is a 24/7 free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information from a registered nurse.
- OTN Telehomecare: Telehomecare supports patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or congestive heart failure through health coaching and remote monitoring. This service requires a doctor’s referral.
- Acclaim Health – Tele-Touch: Tele-Touch provides reassuring telephone contact to isolated seniors and physically challenged adults.
- The Healthline: Enter your community name or a postal code to find health and community services in Ontario.
- Info-Santé 811: Info-Santé 811 nurses give advice and may answer health-related questions. They can also direct you to a resource in the health network.
- Telehealth Ruis McGill: Telehealth is a service that lets you consult a physician, nurse or other health professional remotely.
Phone: 514 412-4294
Toll free in Quebec: 1 877 536-3202
- New Brunswick Tele-Care: Tele-Care is a free, confidential, health advice and information line. Dial 811 for 24/7 access to bilingual, registered nurses.
- Nova Scotia Healthlink - 811: Call 811 to speak with a registered nurse who can provide you advice and information concerning all kinds of general health issues and questions.
- Nova Scotia 211: Call 211 or go online to access free, confidential information and referral service to more than 3,000 community and social services across Nova Scotia.
Prince Edward Island
- Telehealth P.E.I- 811 (711 TTY): A registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to answer your health questions over the phone.
Newfoundland & Labrador
- Newfoundland & Labrador Healthline - 811: HealthLine will connect you with an experienced, registered nurse. It is available 24/7 365 days a year.
- Nunavut Kamatsiaqtut Help Line: Nunavut Kamatsiaqtut Help Line provides anonymous and confidential telephone counselling for northerners in crisis.
Phone: 867 979 3333
Toll free: 1-800-265-3333
They can also connect you with a number of support organizations by phone.
- NWT HealthNet - Telehealth: NWT Telehealth connects patients in their home communities with health care providers in other locations through secure video conferencing.
- Yukon Health – 811: Yukon HealthLine is staffed by registered nurses who can answer your health questions or direct you to services in your community.
If you know of a resource that should be included or you identify an error please contact us.
Inclusion of a website or organization in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The opinions and views expressed on a website or external source material are independent from those of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate medical advice from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional prior to acting upon any information available through this listing.