- Health Canada - Provincial and Territorial Public Drug Benefit Programs Each provincial and territorial government offers a drug benefit plan for eligible groups. Health Canada provides a listing of all provincial and territorial public drug benefit programs.
- B.C. Department of Health - PharmaCare: PharmaCare helps with the cost of eligible prescription drugs, and certain medical supplies and pharmacy services.
- British Columbia Social Development - Health Supplements and Programs Information about health supplements and programs that are available to assist with specific individual health needs and circumstances.
- Alberta Health Services - Drug Coverage: The Alberta government provides supplementary health benefits for eligible Albertans.
- Government of Saskatchewan - Prescription Drug Programs: Listing of various provincial extended benefits and prescription drug programs.
- Manitoba PharmaCare: A drug benefit program for any Manitoban, regardless of age, whose income is seriously affected by high prescription drug costs.
- Ontario Drug Benefits Program: This program covers most of the cost of most prescription drug products, some nutrition products and some diabetic testing agents.
- Canadian Cancer Society – Financial Help: The Canadian Cancer Society provides information on financial assistance and coverage programs.
- The Healthline: Enter your community name or a postal code to find health and community services in Ontario.
- Régime de l’assurance maladie Quebec - The Public Prescription Plan: The Public Prescription Drug Insurance Plan is administered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec and is intended for persons who are not eligible for a private group insurance plan covering prescription drugs.
- New Brunswick Health -The New Brunswick Prescription Drug Program (NBPDP) This program provides prescription drug benefits to eligible residents of New Brunswick.
- Metro Dispensary Society: Non-profit organization that provides immediate pharmaceutical services and over-the-counter medication at the lowest possible cost.
- Nova Scotia Pharmacare: Assistance to eligible residents to pay for prescribed medications and supplies, as well as with the cost for some services to which a level of coverage applies under a particular program.
Prince Edward Island
- PEI Pharmacare: PEI Pharmacare helps Islanders with the cost of prescription medication, certain medical supplies, and pharmacy services.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland & Labrador Health and Community Services - Prescription Drug Program (NLPDP) This program provides financial assistance for the purchase of eligible prescription medications.
- Nunavut Health and Social Services – Healthcare Plan: Insurance programs to help Nunavummiut pay the costs of insured medical treatment, prescription drugs, medical supplies and medical travel
- NWT Health and Social Services – Supplementary Health Benefits: Additional assistance is available eligible individuals in the NWT which includes a 100% drug coverage plan for eligible seniors.
- Yukon Pharmacare: Pharmacare programs are designed to assist senior citizens with the cost of prescription drugs, dental care, eye care, and medical-surgical supplies and equipment.
If you know of a resource that should be included or you identify an error please contact us.
Inclusion of a website or organization in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The opinions and views expressed on a website or external source material are independent from those of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate medical advice from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional prior to acting upon any information available through this listing.