Heart & Stroke is one of Canada’s largest health charities dedicated to reducing the burden of heart disease and stroke. The Heart & Stroke Young Leaders Committee is a passionate group of philanthropists and trail blazers in their 20s and 30s who want to make a difference. As young professionals, they bring innovation, energy and new opportunity to Heart & Stroke. Their support helps create healthy communities, drive systems change and enables the funding of life-saving research. The Committee organizes a variety of exciting events and connects young professionals with prominent leaders from diverse industries.
Location: Greater Toronto Area
The Committee is currently seeking new members.
When you join the Committee, you:
- are an ambassador for Heart & Stroke
- build a network of young leaders who are passionate about Heart & Stroke
- engage with corporate leaders, medical experts, digital innovators and more, on behalf of the organization
- provide world-renowned researchers with the financial resources they need for life-saving research
- have the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and community presence by getting involved with development, advocacy and strategic planning opportunities
- contribute to the success of small and large-scale events that connect young professionals with Heart & Stroke’s mission to: Promote health, save lives, and enhance recovery.
Individuals with experience in the following are encouraged to apply:
- Marketing, Public Relations, and/or Journalism – experience with social media campaign and strategy, including content creation and execution including copy writing, basic graphic design considered an asset
- Health – those with training in medicine, allied health disciplines and/or public health are welcome. Specialization in cardiology or neurology is considered an asset.
- Business – specific experience in Accounting or Partnerships
- Technology – involvement in the Toronto and/or broader Ontario tech community considered a plus
- Law – experience in governance, advocacy, and community engagement are beneficial.
- minimum two-year commitment to the committee
- contributing three to five hours a week of time
- responsible for fundraising a minimum of $1,000 each year
If you are interested in this opportunity and have relevant skills, please email a letter of motivation and resume to
In the letter of motivation, briefly outline what Heart & Stroke means to you. We are interested in learning how you believe being a Heart & Stroke Young Leader could further Heart & Stroke’s mission.
Apply today! Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and the deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2022.