Although you might want to be alone, it is better for you to get the help and comfort of others while you go through your recovery. The support of family and friends after a heart attack or heart surgery can help you in many ways:
- Shorten the time you need in the hospital and improve recovery
- Help you take medication properly and make healthy lifestyle changes
- Help you remember what your cardiologist or other healthcare providers have told you.
- Get you using cardiac rehabilitation programs
- Reduce damage that stress can cause
- Reduce symptoms of depression
- Improve your quality of life.