- Mayo Clinic - Home Care Services: If you're considering home care services, ask these questions to choose the best provider for your needs.
- A place for mom - Canadian Senior Living Experts: A free resource for finding local senior housing in Canada.
- Government of Canada - Assisted Living Program: This program provides funding for non-medical, social support services to seniors, adults with chronic illness, and children and adults with disabilities (mental and physical) on reserve to help them maintain their independence.
- Canada Nursing Homes - British Columbia Long-Term Care Homes: Find information on long-term care homes in BC.
- HealthLinkBC- Long-term Residential Care: Find home or long-term care community services using HealthLinkBC's directory.
- Choice in Supports for Independent Living (CSIL): CSIL is a self-directed option for eligible home support clients.
- B.C Department of Health - Community Care Services: Information on the options for both public and private continuing care services.
- MyHealth.Alberta.ca – Healthcare Locator: The Healthcare Locator allows you to search for long term and continuing care facilities in your area.
- Canada Nursing Homes - Alberta Long Term Care Home: Find information on long-term care homes in Alberta.
- Alberta Health Services - Home Care: AHS Homecare provides ongoing professional health and community-based support services
- Extendicare: Search for an Extendicare long-term care facility in Alberta.
- Saskatchewan Department of Health - Individualized Home Care: Information on home care that helps people that need acute, palliative, and supportive care to stay independent at home.
- North Saskatchewan Independent Living Centre (NSILC): The NSILC provides information related to independent living and runs programs to help build independent living skills.
- Canada Nursing Homes - Alberta Long-Term Care Homes: Find information on long-term care homes in Alberta.
- Government of Saskatchewan - Personal Care Homes: Information regarding personal care homes in Saskatchewan and a searchable map of facilities.
- Extendicare: Search for an Extendicare long-term care facility in Saskatchewan.
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority - Home Care Program: Provides community health care services that support independent living, and facilitate admission into long term care facilities.
- The Long Term & Continuing Care Association of Manitoba: List of different retirement living options and other home services, assistance, or care.
- The Long Term & Continuing Care Association of Manitoba: An overview of the supportive housing services in Manitoba
- Canada Nursing Homes - Manitoba Long-Term Care Homes: Find information on long-term care homes in Manitoba.
- Extendicare: Search for an Extendicare long-term care facility in Manitoba.
- Local Health Integration Network: Provides and coordinates in-home care, community services, and long-term care assistance for eligible Ontarians. Phone:416-222-2241, toll free: 1-888-470-222
- Carefect: Specialized homecare services for seniors, the elderly and people of all ages.
- Community Navigation and Access Program (CNAP): Single point of access to services for seniors and adults with disabilities in Toronto. CNAP provides access to home care and long-term care services.
- Canada Nursing Home - Ontario Long-Term Care Homes: Find information on long-term care homes in Ontario.
- West GTA Stroke Network - Community Resources: Downloadable community resource book with a listing of stroke resources available for residents of the West GTA.
- Extendicare: Search for an Extendicare long-term care facility in Ontario.
- Canadian Red Cross - Home Care services: The Red Cross offers personal support and homemaking services to support seniors and those recovering from illness or injury.
- The Healthline: Enter your community name or a postal code to find health and community services in Ontario.
- Social Services Quebec: If you are unable to get around due to a health problem, a physical disability or cognitive impairment, you can receive home care support services.
- Soutien aux personnes à mobilité réduite (SPMR) Aide à la maison: This organization provides home care and housekeeping with handymen and housekeepers.
- Nova Montréal: NOVA Montréal is a non-profit charitable organization that offers health care services to the Montreal community, free of charge.
- The New Brunswick Extra-Mural Program: Information on comprehensive home health care services offered to New Brunswickers.
- New Brunswick Social Development - Disability Support Program: This program provides personalized, flexible supports for persons with disabilities. This includes home support and residential facility services.
- New Brunswick Social Development - Long-term Care Services for Seniors: Information on the range of support and care services available to seniors in New Brunswick.
- Nova Scotia Health and Wellness – Continuing Care: Care Services are provided to people who need care outside of the hospital in their home. Read the Living Well Continuing Care Services guide or call 1-800-225-7225
- Nova ScotiaHealth and Wellness - Long Term Care: Licensed facilities providing services for people requiring ongoing care.
- Northwood Homecare: Northwood provides home support services through Nova Scotia's publicly funded Home Care program.
- Canada Nursing Homes - Nova Scotia Long-term Care Homes: Find information on long-term care homes in Nova Scotia.
- Caregivers Nova Scotia - Home Care Providers: Find out about health and community organizations that may offer the services you need, such as home care.
Prince Edward Island
- Health PEI - Home Care Program: Supports care at home, with independence and quality of life.
- Health PEI - Long-term Care: Provides specialized nursing and personal care services to individuals who can no longer live on their own
- Canada Nursing Homes - PEI Long-term CareHomes: Find information on long-term care homes in Prince Edward Island.
Newfoundland & Labrador
- CareGivers: CareGivers is a private company formed to meet an increasing need for home care services for seniors and adults.
- Newfoundland & Labrador Health and Community Services – Long-term Care: Information on long-term care homes and community support services and how to access them.
- Nunavut Department of Health - Home and Continuing Care (HCC): The HCC program helps Nunavummiut care for themselves with help from family and community members.
- NWT Health and Social Services - Home and Community Care: This program provides individuals with nursing care and support for personal care and daily living activities.
- NWT Health and Social Services - Long Term Care: Long term care is a home-like facility that provides care and services for people who no longer are able to live independently.
If you know of a resource that should be included or you identify an error please contact us.
Inclusion of a website or organization in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The opinions and views expressed on a website or external source material are independent from those of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate medical advice from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional prior to acting upon any information available through this listing.