|• Clinical Update
• Hotel & travel
• Pre-conference workshops
• Conference Faculty
Make plans to join the delegation and gain new insights on heart disease and stroke prevention, care and recovery at this unparalleled event. This is your chance to learn from dynamic experts in their field who will be sharing the latest knowledge on the prevention and management of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
Within this year’s Heart&Stroke Clinical Update conference agenda you will find many sessions dedicated to Heart Disease and Stroke in Special Populations.
Join the 48th Heart&Stroke Clinical Update, to experience:
- The exciting keynote address from the Guillaume Paré, Genetics of Stroke: Getting Up Close And Personal
- Practical workshops offer you the opportunity to learn and interact with experts in the area of TIA, lipids, athletes CV health, NOACs management, diabetes, early acute stroke management, palliative care, cultural safety and much more!
- Plenary sessions will explore a therapeutics update, heart disease in special populations and stroke in women.
- The engaging and entertaining Joseph Cafazzo will lead an interactive working lunch which will explore digital health and patient self-care of chronic illness.
College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro+:
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto for up to 12 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1:
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto. You may claim a maximum of 12 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
The Heart&Stroke Clinical Update will enable participants to bring the latest clinical developments, guidelines and practical knowledge pertaining to the prevention and management of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases to patient practice.
Healthcare professionals with an interest in heart disease and stroke will enhance their knowledge and skills after attending this conference.
After participating and active engagement in this program, participants will be better able to:
- Apply the latest emerging vascular and cerebrovascular clinical trends, guidelines and best practices into their practices.
- Integrate the newly acquired knowledge and practical pearls for the prevention and management of heart disease and stroke into their day-to-day operations.
- Implement an interprofessional approach in their clinical practice through learning from case studies and interacting with healthcare providers from different disciplines.
The educational learning objectives and program agenda of this conference is developed by the Heart&Stroke Professional Education Advisory Committee (PEAC) without input from supporters/industry.
To further support your learning, pre-conference workshops are offered (additional fees apply):
Thursday December 7
8:00–12:15 Hypertension Management Train-The–Trainer Workshop
9:00–12:00 Practice-Based Small Group Workshops #1
Post Acute Coronary Syndrome Care & Advanced Heart Failure – A Palliative Approach to Care
9:00–12:00 Practice-Based Small Group Workshops #2
Oral Anticoagulants & Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation: Primary Disease Prevention
13:00-16:45 C-CHANGE Pearls Clinical Practice Guidelines (PCCG) Workshop
13:00–16:00 Practice-Based Small Group Workshops #3
Oral Anticoagulants & Dyslipidemia: Controversies in Primary Prevention
13:00–16:00 Practice-Based Small Group Workshops #4
Oral Anticoagulants & Dyslipidemia: Controversies in Primary Prevention[LP4]