Position: Area and Program Administrator, Community Fundraising
Reports to: Area Manager, Community Fundraising
Department: Community Fundraising
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Heart & Stroke administrators have a can-do attitude. They possess exceptional attention to detail, extraordinary organizational abilities, enjoy supporting a team, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our people are passionate, agile, and collaborative.
As the heart of your team’s operations and activities, you are the pillar behind our fundraisers, volunteers, and donors. Using your exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, you will successfully provide internal and external support to our staff and constituents. Your volunteer management experience will help you connect with volunteers, donors, and the general public. In addition to managing the door to door fundraising campaign, you will support our Coordinators in executing other fundraising programs.
At Heart & Stroke, we benefit from a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs from across our great country. We celebrate our differences, our rich cultures and heritage and support individuals from all walks of life to achieve a healthy future.
- Act as the face of the organization in the office and in the community
- Respond to telephone and walk in inquiries/donations, facilitating registration requests, liaising with provincial partners, responding to enquiries
- Manage financial activities and records, databases, filing, supplies, and mail/shipments
- Meet annual fundraising goal of the Heart Month door to door fundraising campaign by managing volunteer resources and individual campaigns within the Area Office.
- Working with the Area Manager, develop plans for reaching fundraising targets that will include captain planning meetings, recruitment and orientation of captains and canvassers, customer service and training events.
- Support cultivation and stewardship of our volunteers and donors to ensure continued growth and success of fundraising initiatives and campaigns, which may include Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Person to Person Canvass, and/or My Own Fundraiser
- Previous fundraising, marketing and/or sales experience an asset
- Experience collecting and depositing money
- Proven success in volunteer management and office administration
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; superior Excel skills
- Financial experience in areas such as budgets, bookkeeping, and/or banking
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and has access to own vehicle
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until October 19, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.