Position: Project Coordinator, part-time contract
Reports to: Manager, Health Promotion
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Status: Charlottetown, PEI
Hours: Part-time Contract –approximately15hours/week (flexible)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. ™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The PEI Tobacco Reduction Alliance (PETRA), hosted by the Heart & Stroke, is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for health who can coordinate the Alliance’s activities and support the work of committee members and stakeholders. PETRA is a network of members and stakeholders working together in tobacco control, to share information, opportunities and coordinate efforts to reduce tobacco use in PEI.
- Provide administrative support to PETRA
- Coordinate meetings including all logistics, minutes, etc
- Arrange, organize and be onsite for workshops and meetings
- Maintain PETRA information in the file system
- Act as a liaison to the PETRA network
- As a point person for PETRA, respond to inquiries
- Prepare data and reports
- Execute alliance’s work plan to achieve objectives and deliverables
- Engage and collaborate membership and stakeholders to continually advance PETRA’s mission
- Attend and conduct working group meetings, and membership knowledge exchange sessions
- A university degree or college certificate in communications, health promotion or related discipline and/or comparable experience
Experience and skills
- Prior project/meeting or event coordination experience e.g. logistics, booking venues, engaging attendees;
- Demonstrated experience in networking and working with multi-sectoral partners;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Experience supporting multi-stakeholder working groups with multiple outcomes;
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation development skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, and organization skills;
- Proficiency with: Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Experience with on-line surveying and/or on-line learning preferred;
- Strong communication skills including written (some minute taking, emailing members)
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Require access to his/her own vehicle;
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter, including hourly rate expectations, to email@example.com by April 16, 2018. Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.