Position: Office Coordinator (PEI)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, NS and PEI
Status: Permanent, Full Time
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a team player who wants a multi-faceted position and who understands that a small office requires all hands on deck. A mature, customer service oriented person who pays attention to detail and can handle multiple priorities would do well in this position.
As the office coordinator you will oversee the day to day office operations, and provide administrative and logistical assistance for our annual giving programs and fundraising events. This includes data entry, data-base reports donor stewardship reports, and assisting off-site with events/related initiatives throughout the year (e.g. manages registration and money).
- Answers the phone and greets clients. Determines their needs and who might be best able to meet their needs.
- Mail/Couriers: collects mail daily from Heart & Stroke’s post office box; opens and distributes mail; posts mail when leaving the office. Prepares packages for mailing. Arranges courier pickups.
- Ensures the front office is neat and welcoming
- Records and replenishes petty cash.
- Provides assistance at special events re: organization of registration
- Accepts payments or donations, provides receipts and directs funds appropriately; records and allocates funds in database.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry, receipting and acknowledgement of donations.
- Data entry (e.g. goals and objectives of events and campaigns) into, and prepares appropriate reports from, Raisers Edge.
- Creates, processes and maintains tax receipts as per Foundation guidelines.
- Provides administrative, logistical support for the implementation of Heart & Stroke fundraising programs.
- Provides donor, volunteer, payment or other information (e.g. addresses, receipt status, giving history, purchases, fees payment, etc.) to other employees on request, as appropriate.
- Manages and maintains the In-Memoriam program, i.e., processes donations, records receipts and distributes acknowledgment cards. Ensures regular communication with local funeral homes, and effective stewardship.
- Distributes Accounts Payable invoices to departments for coding by employees.
- Compiles invoices in a package each week to send by courier to Manitoba for payment.
- Responds to questions from AP regarding invoices. Makes inquiries to AP on behalf of vendors re: payments.
- Receives requests for invoice and back-up from staff, completes the Invoice Request Form
- 2-3 years of office experience.
- Experience in bookkeeping practices and basic accounting principles an asset.
- Experience in database entry and management.
- Prior experience with fundraising databases is preferred (e.g. (RE, Cornerstone, Salesforce).
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, demonstrating a concern for people to promote a positive work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Computer/technical skills and experience using Word, Excel.
- Self-motivated and proactive in addressing concerns, issues and improvements.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to compose and prepare memos, reports, and computer presentations, using appropriate and accurate vocabulary and grammar.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- Effective and pleasant telephone manner, respectful etiquette; professional demeanor.
- Able to comfortably experience change
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Has a vehicle that is available for occasional travel within and out of the province
- A strong work ethic and ability to work to a flexible schedule
If you are looking for meaningful work with an incredible organization, please submit your cover letter, résumé and salary expectations to Sue Ward, Regional Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 25, 2019. Please include the position title in your email subject.
We offer a full range of competitive benefits. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.