Position: Community Fundraising Coordinator, PEI
Reports to: Area Manager, Community Fundraising, Atlantic
Department: Community Fundraising
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Who we need
We’re hiring for a Community Fundraiser in our Charlottetown office.
Heart and Stroke is adding bold, passionate, fearless and compassionate people to our dedicated teams across the country. We need analytical, creative, decisive, approachable people who are embedded in the community they live in with their families, neighbours and friends. People with unbounded energy and an understanding of how to nurture relationships.
People who want to make a difference and save lives every day by:
- Fundraising for our mission.
- Inviting others to become involved with our foundation in a way that is meaningful to them.
- Recognizing and growing volunteer partnerships and community support relationships.
What’s in it for you? Heart.
Hear the stories. From the 8-year-old boy who recognized the signs of a stroke in his father the day after a Jump Rope for Heart kick-off session at his school, to the tearful thank you of a parent whose child has a future thanks to research we funded. You will know that your work has meaning.
Every dollar counts. Every volunteer is vital. Every relationship is valued. You will feel the impact of your efforts as you build relationships in the community and bring in the donations we need to continue to educate Canadians and fund research - including research that will close the gap in women’s heart and brain health.
Amazement. That feeling you get at the end of every day you are part of our team making a tangible impact on the well-being of your family, your friends, your community. You will be part of a foundation that worked to reduce trans fats in the food supply, place AEDs in communities across the country and control the marketing of tobacco.
Rewards. When a school, business or community can come together to raise funds that support our cause, it will be because you were there along the way, cheering them on and providing support. You will experience deep personal satisfaction as you lead your fundraising teams to success.
Timing. Now is the time to make a career move into a foundation to do meaningful work every day.
Who you are
Whether you are working with another non-profit; a stay-at-home parent looking to get back into the workforce; a relationship manager at a corporation or a recent grad wanting to apply your event coordination and sales experience - you are someone driven by the need to work for a place with purpose. You want to grow your career in the non-profit sector working at the grassroots level with volunteers to meet and exceed fundraising targets. You have the spirit and the hustle to drive donations through the coordination of events such as Big Hearts and Razzle Dazzle and our door to door campaigns.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have 2+ years in fundraising, event coordination, project management, sales, marketing, business development and/or account management. You know how to increase volunteer engagement and work with diverse stakeholders. You may be required occasionally to bend, lift and carry material up to 30 pounds.
- The relationship building expertise. You can gain the trust of community, business and school audiences, deepening existing and growing new relationships. You can inspire action, build momentum and encourage participation.
- The communication skills. You can effectively promote opportunities and partnerships through excellent public speaking, presentations and face-to-face networking. You have outstanding written and verbal skills.
- The ownership. You are proactive, goal-oriented and creatively resourceful.
- The adaptability. You are comfortable working independently as part of a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You can manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
- The technical abilities. You are proficient with MS Office. Experience working with spreadsheets, Salesforce, a CRM database and online fundraising platforms would be an asset.
- The flexibility. You can lead, participate in and support evening and weekend community events. You understand late or extra hours are needed.
- You have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel throughout your geographic area.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.