Please apply here: http://bit.ly/2VB1ouB
Heart and Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease, stroke, and vascular cognitive impairment through risk factor awareness, promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for healthy public policy. Six core values unite us: Champion Health, Practice Humility, Embrace Change, Drive Impact, Learn & Grow and Be Heartfelt.
Who we need
Reporting to the Senior Web Developer, we are looking for a SharePoint Developer to join our Technology Solutions team. As we move towards a digitally-focused future and an increasingly paperless environment across the Foundation, we need an advocate, a subject matter expert and a visionary. This is an opportunity for a SharePoint Developer to bring teams across the country onto SharePoint, to support initial adoption or deepen engagement and to transaction the migration to the current SharePoint platform on Office 365.
What’s in it for you?
National impact. You will have the chance to create and implement a SharePoint engagement strategy for one of the biggest non-profit groups in the country. You want to work across multiple teams, locations, and groups as you promote, educate and guide the adoption of your strategy.
Empowerment. You will have the autonomy and the creative freedom to determine the presentation view, install and recommend plugins, create and optimize the adoption and engagement process. You want the rare chance to put your stamp on these varied SharePoint projects at a national foundation.
Who you are
You are an influencer, communicator, relationship builder, and consultant. You are passionate about bridging business and technology knowledge, and you take the initiative to seek out interactions. You want to bring your expertise as a SharePoint Developer to a new environment where you will have the freedom to create and set your own standards. You may be in a financial institution or other large organization, siloed in the work you do. Or, you may be at a smaller nonprofit, with limited resources to fully capitalize on the potential of this platform. You want to interact with every group and shape how SharePoint can improve the way the organization interacts internally, introducing automation and integrations.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- A SharePoint strategy and vision. You will define and implement a plan based on intensive discussions with internal business groups to understand priorities. You will:
- Meet with stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure the needs of each department are met with their SharePoint/Team site.
- Research and recommend alternatives and identify process and system implications.
- Work with IT to define storage, performance, security and support requirements.
- Subject Matter Expertise. You will develop close relationships across the foundation and position yourself as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert. You will champion the use of SharePoint and Office 365 applications to drive efficiency and collaboration in the organization.
- Change acceptance and adoption. You will provide advice and training to individual stakeholders and teams as they transition to SharePoint/Office 365.
- SharePoint site development. You will:
- Provide insights and guidance on how to optimize the product for each team based on their unique needs.
- Develop Web Forms, Workflow, Alerts, and Data Integration as per requirements and design.
- Develop Web Parts, Master Pages, Intranet, Site Structures and Site Content as per requirements and design.
- Document customizations made to the out-of-the-box SharePoint environment (i.e., ReactJS scripts).
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards, based on user requirements.
- Investigate, solve and determine remediations for incidents (technical, applications, database) where possible.
- Escalate issues to specialized teams and inform Executives of major problems promptly.
- Provide excellent customer service; including stewarding all customers (internal or external) on support tickets from start to close.
- Use support tracking tools to maintain standards for response time and resolution.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have 3+ years managing, developing and extending the use of SharePoint, with a recent focus on migrating to Office 365. You have exposure to integrating applications with SharePoint and developing responsive designs with modern frameworks directly on the platform. Microsoft Certification Solutions Expert and Developer is preferred.
- The communication skills. You can seek out, build and nurture internal and external relationships. You can effectively translate business needs of individuals and teams into workflows and pathways that capitalize on SharePoint capabilities. You can provide recommendations, training, and guidance on how to use SharePoint. You can influence and engage end users with the platform.
- The technical skills. You have expertise with:
- Creating solutions with Microsoft Forms and PowerApps, HTML, CSS, ReactJS.
- Documenting design and configuration of solutions.
- Knowledge of database management tools (SQL).
- Troubleshooting operational applications and resolving issues.
- Unit testing solutions to ensure minimal defects.
- MS Project. Experience with Jira and Confluence software packages an asset.
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply here.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website or check out our latest posts on Twitter.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.