Position: SharePoint Developer
Reports to: Senior Web Developer
Department: Digital Technologies
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This employee will have extensive understanding of how SharePoint and O365 applications can be used to optimize and introduce efficiencies into team processes. A forward thinker, this employee will be responsible for championing the adoption and integration of Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSF) SharePoint properties with all stakeholders. Working with Senior Management, the SharePoint developer will ensure these applications help the Foundation realize a more digitally focused future and help facilitate a collaborative working environment across teams. The employee will help scope and create SharePoint properties and be responsible for ensuring that all technical issues and requests for support are handled according to the Technology Solutions Service Level Agreements. This position will also be responsible for managing ongoing daily support and assisting with the implementation of change requests and functionality releases.
Promote digital adoption of applications
- Champion the use of SharePoint and O365 applications to drive efficiency and collaboration in the organization
- Help educate and transition stakeholders to O365 applications
- Provide advice and train teams as they onboard with SharePoint/O365 (i.e. show them how to use MS Teams, set the environment up for success, etc.)
- Be a positive agent for change and adoption
Business Requirements Definition
- Participate in stakeholder meetings to review existing information and understand objectives
- Requirements gathering to ensure the needs of each department are met with their SharePoint/Team site
- Research and recommend alternatives and identify process and system implications
- Work with IT to define storage, performance, security and support requirements
Sharepoint and Microsoft teams site development and management
- Provide insights and guidance into how to optimize the product for each team based on their unique needs.
- Develop Web Forms, Workflow, Alerts and Data Integration as per requirements and design
- Develop Web Parts, Master Pages, Intranet, Site Structures and Site Content as per requirements and design.
Service desk support
- Investigate, solve and/or determine remediations for incidents (technical, applications, database) where possible
- Escalate issues to specialized teams and inform Executives of major issues in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service; including stewarding all customers (internal or external) on support tickets from start to close
- Use support tracking tools to maintain standards for response time and resolution
- Document customizations made to the out-of-the-box SharePoint environment (ie. ReactJS scripts)
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards, based on user requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related study
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) SharePoint highly desired.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) SharePoint desired.
Experience and Skills
- SharePoint: 3 years (Preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with web languages and modern frameworks (HTML, CSS, ReactJS)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft PowerApps & Microsoft Forms
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including but not limited to Office365, Teams, SharePoint, One Drive, Skype for Business and One Note
- Experience creating solutions with HTML, CSS, ReactJS
- Experience creating solutions with Microsoft Forms and PowerApps
- Documenting design and configuration of solutions
- Knowledge of database management tools (SQL)
- Troubleshooting operational applications and resolving issues
- Unit testing solutions to ensure minimal defects
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong project planning and project management skills, negotiation skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced MS Project and MS Office knowledge.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence software packages an asset.
- Solid understanding of system configurations and data flow
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders across the organization
- Tenacity to coordinate resolution of reported issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create or enhance support documents and quick reference guides on assigned topics
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.