Please apply here: https://bit.ly/2Wohl7p
Heart and Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment through risk factor awareness, promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for healthy public policy. Six core values unite us: Champion Health, Practice Humility, Embrace Change, Drive Impact, Learn & Grow and Be Heartfelt.
Who we need
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, PMO and working closely with Digital Technologies, Information Management, Information Technology, Mission, Fundraising, and Finance, we need a Project Manager to join our PMO for a 24-month contract. A Project Manager who can manage multiple national, local and remote projects at a time. This is an opportunity to make a difference leading the successful delivery of projects related but not limited to; online fundraising, new applications or digital solutions; projects that will facilitate the work of our teams and meet the needs of people in Canada living with heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Recently completed projects include the building and deployment of our national Ride for Heart website. This is a role for someone who wants to manage the details and the big picture; someone who is an expert at negotiating with stakeholders, mitigating risks and defining proactive resolutions.
What’s in it for you?
You want to play an instrumental role at the grassroots level. You want to help implement our strategy, our research and our knowledge in real and tangible ways within our communities; not just with healthcare providers and administrators but with the people who have a lived experience with heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. You want to synthesize emerging evidence and trends into content and action items for internal teams and external stakeholders across every province. You want to play a critical role in advancing change within our health systems, through evidence, advisory services, advocacy and education.
Who you are
You are genuinely invested in improving the lives of people in Canada living with heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. You are a Project Manager, technical consultant and strategic leader. You can build strong internal and external relationships, influence decisions and manage deliverables within the agreed upon scope of work.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Project planning and management. You will own and drive the project from end-to-end. You will:
- Ensure all project deliverables conform to PMO project management, standards and procedures.
- Develop and manage project plans and schedules.
- Lead the RFP process and assist with the vendor selection process.
- Complete requirements gathering and documentation.
- Manage the system development lifecycle with external vendors.
- Change and risk management. You will influence, negotiate and implement decisions to ensure the project stays on track, on budget and on scope. You will:
- Manage and monitor vendor and stakeholder expectations to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Assess and take corrective action to mitigate or resolve risks and issues.
- Follow a stringent change management request and approval process.
- Communication and reporting. You will support the organizational communication plan for new launches or service deployments. You will:
- Clearly communicate project deadlines to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor core project team’s progress through deliverables and milestones.
- Closely work with implementation teams to ensure open and consistent communications.
- Communicate regularly with PMO leadership, key sponsors and other stakeholders, identifying upcoming issues, concerns, changes and resources requirements.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine and create workflows to optimize resources and operational efficiencies and that enhance the end user experience
- Ensure all lessons learned and documentation are clearly captured and accessible within the PMO.
What you bring:
- The education. You have a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Information Technology, Business, a related field or equivalent work experience. PMP Certification is considered an asset.
- The experience. You have 3+ years in project management with a focus on digital projects (websites, applications, platform configuration). You have experience:
- Managing medium to large scale digital and IT projects with a high degree of complexity, from both a business and technology perspective.
- Navigating the demands of multiple projects involving multiple departments, on time and within budget.
- The project management abilities. You have excellent leadership and project management skills to ensure projects are delivered within set timelines. You have expertise working closely with internal stakeholders to develop effective strategies to realize visions and increase adoption. You are highly detail oriented and meticulous. Your focus is accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with.
- The methodology. You have direct experience with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid methodologies. You are comfortable adapting to any of them and working in the most effective way for your internal or external clients.
- The communication and relationship skills. You are an outstanding communicator in formal, informal, large, small, verbal and written communications. You can provide confident consultative technical advice across the organization and collaborate with vendors and other third-party providers. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
- The technical skills. You have hands-on experience with Luminate Online. Exposure to Salesforce and Blackbaud CRM are assets. You are comfortable with MS Office and Sharepoint; and workflow tools such as JIRA and Confluence to support and advance the work of the team.
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply here.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.