Position: Print/Direct Mail Procurement Associate
Reports to: Manager, Strategic Procurement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full Time; Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This position is accountable for the procurement and coordination of all activities involved in the planning, sourcing, production and fulfillment of print, direct mail and incentive material for a variety of Heart and Stroke programs and departments including the Direct Marketing team.
- Develop project specifications, timelines and outline specific requirements to ensure all project deliverables are completed within cost, timing and quality constraints.
- Work closely with HSF’s preferred print, lettershop and incentive vendors to procure material and related services for programs.
- Compare and analyze costs for best value purchase, negotiate cost with vendors if needed, use Purchase Orders to procure goods and/or related services.
- Abide by the HSFO Purchasing Policy and enforce the processes outlined for both centralized and decentralized purchasing standards.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all internal and external stakeholders are meeting deadlines and provide them with ongoing communication & project status updates.
- Liaise effectively with both internal clients and external vendors resolving purchasing issues professionally and promptly.
- Work closely with vendors and HSF’s internal Quality Control Team to meet all quality control standards, guiding principles and testing process requirements throughout the procurement cycle.
- Work closely with Canada Post to ensure all mailings meet their standards and monitor timely execution of all mail drops.
- Attend press approvals as required.
- Ad hoc projects as per managers request.
- Create cost comparisons for each job and analyze the comparative data for each purchasing decision for the Manager, Strategic Procurement.
- Analyze, compare and recommend cost containment and/or cost saving solutions related to purchasing.
- Partner with internal business units to manage the purchasing activity costs effectively, enhancing overall profitability for the programs and meeting budget constraints.
- Report monthly to the Manager, Strategic Procurement on all purchasing transactions within the Purchasing department, budget implications, outstanding commitment and savings obtained.
- Support processes and procedures related to vendors with an understanding of the importance of strategic vendor partnerships.
- Negotiate with new and existing vendors to obtain price points in line with the project budgets.
- Execute day to day responsibilities according to the details outlined in vendor agreements/contracts if applicable.
- Post-secondary educated in a related field
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing specifically related to direct mail, print production and incentive material
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent ability to problem solve, manage change and resolve conflict
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong sense of business acumen and customer focus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in the production and procurement of direct mail materials and related data work (ability to create and manage multi-panel mailings with matrices) an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.