Position: Operations Coordinator - Activate Team
Reports to: Senior Operations Specialist
Department: Social Enterprise
Location: Various locations across the GTA
Status: Full time and Part time / Contract
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
Heart & Stroke is a special type of company. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
The Operations Coordinator supports the Activate program by providing administrative services, scheduling, operation logistics and customer service, including receiving and responding to phone, email, and in-person inquiries.
The Coordinator supports the end to end enrollment process for Activate clients, supports and helps create a positive volunteer experience for the many volunteers engaged in the Activate program.The coordinator has a key role in building and supporting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The Operations Coordinator also supports inventory tracking and logistics including, but not limited to, shipping, receiving.
On site coordination and execution of program operations/logistics
- Set up and operate blood pressure machines and understand common errors and fixes.
- Support Intake Specialists with end-to-end enrollment of participants, including operation and maintenance of various software platforms and digital devices.
- Support Intake Specialists with development of customer service/sales techniques.
- Ensure that sites possess required materials and equipment by conducting inventory counts and coordinating all shipment of materials to and from warehouse, including placing and tracking shipping orders.
- Work with Site Managers to coordinate appropriate placement of Intake Booths and Heart & Stroke marketing collateral, as well as storage of equipment and materials.
Provide customer service support and training while ensuring optimal program experience
- Troubleshooting field issues in real-time, answering Intake Specialist enquiries as they arise through phone, email, social media, and direct messaging, and compiling a list of issues and concerns into an Issue Log.
- Prepare content and facilitate weekly conference calls to communicate critical updates to all Intake Specialists.
- Coordinate with Admin Volunteers to ensure shifts across all zones are filled, and occasionally supporting with the completion of vacant shifts.
- Conduct in-field training and onboarding with new Intake Specialists.
Perform Quality Assurance Audits
- Conduct regular site visits of locations across the GTA, complete audits regarding performance of Intake Specialists, compliance with Heart & Stroke’s Volunteer Standards, and appropriate set-up and presentation of Intake Booths.
- Conduct regular check-ins with relevant Site Managers to ensure their satisfaction with performance of Intake Specialists, and with relationship with Heart & Stroke.
- Escalation of issues to the Senior Operations Specialist and/or Senior Volunteer Specialist, when appropriate.
- Post-secondary degree in related field or a combination of relevant education and professional experience
Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years - experience in supporting a team environment
- Experience working in customer service with the general public or experience working with seniors
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Experience working in fast paced, non-profit environment is an asset
- Experience with community health promotion programs, community health nursing, social work, personal support worker, and other similar programs is a strong asset
- The ability to apply critical thinking and creative problem solving; strong self-motivation and comfort working independently.
- Passionate about healthy living; understands the basics of cardiovascular disease
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, approachable, and enjoys interacting with people)
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal). Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement and take appropriate action
- Must be proficient in MS PowerPoint and MS excel
- Comfortable and proficient using computers/ mobile tablet devices
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with high tolerance for change
- Results oriented
- Self-motivated, autonomous
- Flexible to work under pressure and meet deadlines, displays high sense of urgency
- Has a valid driver’s license, can get access to a vehicle.
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply here with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website or check out our latest posts on Twitter.