Position: Operations Coordinator, Activate
Reports to: Senior Operations Specialist, Activate
Department: Social Enterprise
Status: Full time and Part time / Contract
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Activate Program is currently seeking a dynamic, high performing individual who possesses a solid background in ensuring the smooth delivery and execution of operation logistics, working with small teams, providing customer service, all while working in a fast paced environment.
As the Operations Coordinator, you must have: a strong understanding of the Activate Project and end-to-end enrollment processes; experience with logistics, volunteer management, stakeholder management and scheduling; the ability to apply critical thinking and creative problem solving; strong self-motivation and comfort working independently.
This role will be required to work 24 to 37.5 hours per week. We offer shifts ranging from 8AM-8PM. The length of the contract is between January and May 2019.
On site coordination and execution of program operations/logistics
- Set up and operate blood pressure machines and understand common errors and fixes.
- Support Intake Specialists with end-to-end enrollment of participants, including operation and maintenance of various software platforms and digital devices.
- Support Intake Specialists with development of customer service/sales techniques.
- Ensure that sites possess required materials and equipment by conducting inventory counts, and coordinating all shipment of materials to and from warehouse, including placing and tracking shipping orders.
- Work with Site Managers to coordinate appropriate placement of Intake Booths and Heart & Stroke marketing collateral, as well as storage of equipment and materials.
Provide customer service support and training while ensuring optimal program experience
- Troubleshooting field issues in real-time, answering Intake Specialist enquiries as they arise through phone, email, social media, and direct messaging, and compiling a list of issues and concerns into an Issue Log.
- Prepare content and facilitate weekly conference calls to communicate critical updates to all Intake Specialists.
- Coordinate with Admin Volunteers to ensure shifts across all zones are filled, and occasionally supporting with the completion of vacant shifts.
- Conduct in-field training and onboarding with new Intake Specialists.
Perform Quality Assurance Audits
- Conduct regular site visits of locations across the GTA, complete audits regarding performance of Intake Specialists, compliance with Heart & Stroke’s Volunteer Standards, and appropriate set-up and presentation of Intake Booths.
- Conduct regular check-ins with relevant Site Managers to ensure their satisfaction with performance of Intake Specialists, and with relationship with Heart & Stroke.
- Escalation of issues to the Senior Operations Specialist and/or Senior Volunteer Specialist, when appropriate.
- Post-secondary degree in related field or a combination of relevant education and professional experience
Experience and Skills
- Has a valid driver’s license, can get access to a vehicle, and is comfortable driving in Downtown Toronto and GTA.
- 1-2 years - experience in leading small teams
- Experience working in customer service, the general public or experience working with seniors
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Experience working in fast paced, non-profit environment is an asset
- Passionate about healthy living; understands the basics of cardiovascular disease
- Experience with community health promotion programs, community health nursing, social work, personal support worker, and other similar programs is a strong asset
- Friendly, approachable, and enjoys interacting with people
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable and proficient using computers/ mobile tablet devices
- Committed to the program’s success and diligent about “going the extra mile” as required to achieve this success
- Excellent problem solving ability with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement and take appropriate action
- Ability to lead team that drive impactful changes in people’s lives
- Must be proficient in MS PowerPoint and MS excel
- Confident and demonstrates strong leadership
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment with high tolerance to change management
- Results oriented
- Self-motivated, autonomous
- Flexible to work under pressure and meet deadlines, displays high sense of urgency
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.