Position: Associate Manager, Monthly Giving
Reports to: Senior Manager, Monthly & Individual Giving
Department: Direct Marketing
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Contract, Full Time (maternity leave approx.. 14 months)
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This role is ideal for a dedicated fundraising professional who enjoys developing and managing an emerging yet high priority portfolio with huge growth potential. The ideal candidate will have experience with monthly donors while applying a creative and analytical framework with a very positive attitude. The Associate Manager will enjoy the challenges of a multi-faceted, results-oriented, and evolving entrepreneurial environment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Monthly & Individual Giving, the Associate Manager, Monthly Giving will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all Monthly Giving campaigns. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of multi-channel campaigns across direct mail, phone, door-to-door, digital, and integrated media platforms.
- Assist with the management of all core monthly giving program campaigns, with an annual revenue goal of $3.4M, including declines, reactivations, upgrades, stewardship and retention.
- Coordinate the roll-out of strategic growth initiatives to the monthly programs, including mail, phone, DRTV and Door-to-Door campaigns, with a first year revenue goal of $700K.
- At the initiation of each campaign, create campaign briefing documents and lead the presentation of monthly campaigns at campaign kick-off meetings with key team members and agency partners.
- Work with external agency partners to develop and monitor critical paths for each campaign, and the development of all campaign communication materials, including direct mail, phone scripts and marketing materials.
- Monitor campaign progression, key deliverables and measure results, track program progress in-market, and make recommendations for campaign optimization.
- Provide relevant information and support to the Associate Manager, Database Marketing in the development of post-campaign analysis.
Internal Stakeholder & Vendor Relationships:
- Act as the central contact for Monthly Giving, providing information to key team members and departments, responding to inquiries, and acting as a spokesperson for the Monthly Giving Program.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Manager, Donor Experience to coordinate the development and implementation of a monthly giving donor journey map, including strategies for onboarding, stewardship & retention.
- Build, contribute to, and sustain the internal and external business relationships needed to support the multi-channel Monthly Giving Program and its objectives.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on the Direct Marketing team to ensure all monthly giving opportunities are effectively integrated and marketed within campaigns in other programs, including Direct Mail and Digital.
- Provide support to Senior Manager, Monthly & Individual Giving, in managing relationships with key vendors and suppliers, participating in regular update meetings and calls, acting as the primary contact for day-to-day operations, as well as participating in workshops and strategy sessions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in fundraising and development
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in related area of annual programs, with demonstrated understanding of best practices in monthly, direct mail and digital channels
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to oversee and execute on complex campaign schedules
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of French language is an asset
- Experience with Cornerstone and/or Raiser’s Edge an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.