Position: Manager, CRM Solutions
Reports to: Director, Information Management
Department: Information Management
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a dynamic IT professional who excels working in a highly collaborative environment to manage the Foundation’s national Enterprise CRM solution and its data to ensure an exceptional customer service experience is provided to all Heart and Stroke constituents.
Reporting to the Director, Information Management, the Manager, CRM Solutions will manage CRM related staff and support Heart and Stroke’s core strategic CRM platform ensuring alignment to the Foundation’s business objectives and Information Technology strategy. This challenging role is responsible to implement solutions; coordinate and supervise the activities related to ongoing CRM design, configuration, and end to end data integration of organization information.
The successful candidate will bring a systems thinking discipline and work collaboratively with the business and IT partners; to fully understand departmental and corporate objectives, manage data according to standards and ensure quality to support enterprise-wide initiatives and process changes as they relate to new system enhancements to help achieve the organizations goals efficiently and effectively.
This individual will be required to maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s business strategy, initiatives and culture and will use that knowledge to assist in the development and implementation of data and CRM strategies and programs that support our growing, multi-site, national organization. This individual will build strong relationships and partner closely across functions, with a focus on Fundraising and backend operational support.
Technical Lead and Administration
- Act as primary architect for solution development and management (Information Architecture, Taxonomy, Data Flow) for the CRM application.
- Act as the platform administrator who manages the overall user access, security and site and database management.
- Ensure existing data-security policies are followed, and incorporate security requirements into the overall architecture.
- Provide technical expertise to support the development of an overall architecture solution (business objectives and user requirements, infrastructure, functionality, database design, security and integration).
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the architecture of Foundation applications.
Data Integration and Management
- Design solution components and interfaces to improve data integration procedures from external systems and vendors to the CRM application or BI platform.
- Construct data structures and mapping to enable consistent information and reporting delivery.
- Develop, review and enforce standards and guidelines for data and processes.
- Collaborate with IT to understand and map the application landscape, connections and dependencies between multiple systems.
- Ensure effective communication and customer service for new enhancements projects, keeping team members, senior leadership, our employees, well informed of project status and impact to their operations.
Business Partner Relationships and Vendor Management
- Promote collaboration, open communication and a common goals approach in partnering with internal stakeholders
- Assist with annual business planning and application support needs (licensing, storage, enhancements, etc.).
- Where applicable, liaise with and manage external vendor partners to strengthen relationships and ensure the organization is represented professionally.
- Work with broader IT Team and business partners to define hardware, storage, network bandwidth and processing requirements as required.
- Work as the key day-to-day contract for the multilevel vendor relationships associated with CRM (Blackbaud, Zuri Group), to ensure that systems issues are effectively logged, reported, managed and ultimately fixed.
- Review contracts regularly to ensure service levels are being achieved and service levels are aligned with the Foundation’s needs.
General Support and Release Management
- Manage the CRM Application upgrades and releases with vendor from planning through to testing and implementation
- Support Application Architecture standards, deliverables on strategic platforms
- Manage changes to application, evaluate impacts and make recommendations to business partners
- Monitor and assess emerging technologies and future direction of major application platforms, and provide recommendations on direction and timing for further investigation and deployment
- Stay abreast of current and future technology(s) in the area of development tools, infrastructure interfaces, and interface design
- Responsible for all relevant staff communications associated with the CRM system
- Supervise 2 IT personnel
- Oversee staff and act as the designate during periods of absence of the Director of Information Management.
- Support staff by providing guidance and managing daily operational activities to achieve team goals and provide excellence in customer service.
Revenue (Expense) Responsibility:
- Project budgets - up to $200K
- Undergraduate degree (minimum) in Information Management, Computer Science or related discipline. An MSc (Computer Science) would be an asset.
Experience and Skills
- 7 years of experience with Enterprise CRM systems such as Blackbaud or similar related database and technologies.
- 7 years of experience in implementing/supporting/administrating on Microsoft SQL, SQL Server platform.
- 7 years of experience in leading data integration using MS SSIS or web services for enterprise solutions.
- Experience with SDLC.
- Experience with MS SDK and building apps or programming GUI.
- Experience in conceptual, logical and physical design in architectural disciplines.
- Experience with Active Directory, SQL, IIS, and Microsoft .NET
- 7 years of experience directly managing staff.
- Experience with providing exceptional support and customer service.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Able to build and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Able to effectively interface with key internal customers at all levels to set and manage expectations across the organization.
- Able to understand business issues, needs, and/or opportunities and to design a solution that achieves business unit goals/objectives.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and present proposal
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.