Position: Fundraising Support Specialist
Reports to: Director, Fundraising Support Services
Department: Community Engagement
Status: Fulltime (1 year contract)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
At Heart & Stroke, you can help make our vision a reality: Healthy lives free from heart disease and stroke. We care about funding breakthroughs, and building meaningful, long term relationships with our supporters.
Are you someone who thrives on creating more efficient and effective ways of doing things? Are you a creative problem-solver who is detail-oriented? Do you feel most successful when you know you have helped your colleagues meet their goals? Are you proud of your communication and computer skills? Consider joining the Fundraising Support Services team and help us build and streamline processes for the Community Engagement (CE) teams to ensure donor dollars continue to be used wisely.
• Identify, develop, implement and improve processes related to field operations
• Provide support to the field team to ensure they have what they need to effectively plan and execute their fundraising programs and manage their office operations.
• Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the field’s role in processes related to prizing, promotions and ordering program material (ie – canvasser kits)
• Ensure processes for promotions (for example, ballot draws) that directly involve the field are efficient and feasible
• Develop and deliver field communications regarding operational components
• Work with the Manager, Marketing Operations to ensure trending donor & participant issues related to CE programs are known and resolved
• Work with internal business units to identify and resolve trending issues related to the transfer of donor data from the field to the donor processing center
Provide Internal Customer Service
• Identify training needs (this includes job aids as well as ‘live’ training) related to field operations and work with the Program Training team to develop and implement the training
• As requested, provide input into other field training needs (i.e. program guides) and deliver training to the field team if needed
• Maintain a strong understanding of all CE program fundraising websites and OneCRM to effectively support the field employees
• Identify and communicate trending issues to appropriate teams and weigh in on business decisions as needed.
• Collaborate and support the relationships between the field teams, Support Services, Program Teams and other Shared Services
• Ensure the Coordinator Fundraising Support Services is responding to the field’s inquiries on a timely basis
• Represent the field in key conversations and projects that have a direct impact on the field seeking to ensure the field’s needs are being met but also that organizational initiatives can be delivered on
• Ensure the Coordinator Fundraising Support Services collects the required information from the field and responds to inquiries in a timely manner
• Ordering of all CE program print and program prizing, ensuring that decisions are made in the most informed and cost effective ways
• Coordinator, Fundraising Support Services
• University degree or college diploma in Business or a related field
Experience and Skills
• 2-3 years’ similar (i.e. developing processes, customer service, working with Excel and databases) work experience preferred
• Experience managing employees and/or volunteers would be an asset
• Knowledge of the French language would be an asset
• Excellent customer service skills
• Highly organized, strong planning skills, deadline oriented and able to multi task
• Excellent problem solving skills and issues resolution experience
• Able to deal with multiple stakeholders
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Remain calm under pressure; exhibits positive outlook
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail; accurate follow through and problem resolution
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to change
• Strong computer and record keeping skills including Word processing and spreadsheet programs in the Windows 7 environment, database , website content management and online reporting experience
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.