Position: Director, Digital Technologies
Reports to: Chief Information Constituent Services Officer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full time; Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
A dynamic leadership role for an experienced Digital Technologies professional, the Director of Digital Technologies is a key role to align the organization’s use of Internet, Intranet and digital fundraising technologies to support the Foundation’s fundraising activities, provide our stakeholders with relevant tools and grow overall revenue. Reporting to the Chief Information Constituent Services Officer this role will manage a team of specialists in order to design, develop and maintain our online fundraising presence, establish a national unified intranet and align the work of our mission and resuscitation teams, on common platforms. While staying abreast of the latest trends and enabling technologies, you will work in a fast-paced collaborative environment providing a variety of solutions and services which interface with both internal and external stakeholders including donors, volunteers, government agencies, staff, board members and the community at large.
Planning and Implementation
- Act as the senior project manager on the implementation of annual online signature fundraising sites including Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Ride for Heart, PersonToPerson, and My Own Fundraiser. Establish frameworks for providing ongoing training, support and policies/procedures connected with the solutions;
- Design and implement an overall Digital Technology strategy with a focus on increasing levels of excellence and customer service;
- Ensure interoperability of systems (i.e. align with CRM roadmap)
- Ensure data flows seamlessly to backend
- Ensure infrastructure is adequate to meet demand
- Consult on the purchases of external digital technology work from separate vendors
- Develop innovative technology solutions to drive revenue growth;
- Work with a wide range of vendors, provide clear objectives and ensure successful delivery of all services/projects;
- Document all systems and processes associated with digital technologies with a focus on security, data flows, user experience and ensuring maximum uptime;
- Work with the Information Technology team and business stakeholders, ensure the overall security of the organizations data contained with the online solutions;
- Provide innovate solutions in connection with the digital technologies solutions to meet evolving business needs.
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Complete a detailed monthly review of department spending against budget and ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
- Familiarize and comply with all HSFC Financial, Accounting, IT, Contract and Purchasing Policies and Procedures. Ensure Supplier relationships are properly established, clearly documented and
- managed in accordance with Contract and Purchasing Policies.
- Ensure alignment on key implementation strategies
- Ensure proper sourcing of suppliers is done that delivers value at the right timeline and quality to the Foundation.
- Monitor supplier spend against project budgets and alleviate issues that would create cost overruns.
- Annual project budget management in excess of $500K.
Human Resources Management
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and Foundation values are maintained and that individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential.
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
- Establish team performance plan; build a strong team and develop cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally.
- Facilitate monthly team meetings and lead planning for quarterly cycle meetings that deliver important information to ensure understanding of Foundation's priorities based on cycle business plans.
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a regular basis ensure goals are on track. Comply with performance management cycle and at a minimum, conduct two formal reviews during the year; in February/March and in August/September.
- Developing solid succession planning and leadership development plans
- Recruit skilled talent in support of current and future Foundation needs following Foundation policies and assessment guidelines.
- Familiarize and comply with all HSF Human Resources policies. Demonstrate the values of the Foundation through behaviours.
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
- Work in supporting a marketing based environment and exposure to a number mass marketing fundraising channels (such as Lottery, Direct Mail, e-marketing, Direct Response Television, Direct Dialogue, telemarketing);
- Work in supporting large volumes of 3rd party event based fundraising;
- Oversees a team of seven direct reports comprised of Project Managers, Applications Architects, Web Developers, and Support Analysts.
- Post-secondary education in New Media, Digital Technologies, or Computer Science
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of digital technologies experience including 7 years managing large transactional websites and internal information sharing platforms;
- PMI certification an asset;
- Ability to think and act strategically, and thrive in a climate of change;
- Sharp technical knowledge of current online tools, intranet tools, reporting tools and underlying data structures;
- Outstanding project management skills and proven success with cross functional projects;
- Outstanding documentation skills.
- An exceptional customer service attitude;
- Results-driven and metrics focused with a passion for continuous improvement
- Exposure to not-for-profit software applications (i.e. Blackbaud eCRM, Convio Luminate Online, and Luminate Online Team Raiser) is highly desired;
- A team player with exemplary communication and problem solving skills;
- A willingness to be flexible and hands on as required.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage/
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.