Position: Coordinator, Web Content
Reports to: Digital Team Lead
Department: Marketing & Communications
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
Heart & Stroke is a special type of company. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
As Coordinator, Web Content you will be a key member of the Heart & Stroke digital team, you will be responsible for managing, maintaining and reviewing website content in an efficient manner that will deliver an exceptional user experience. This role will work closely with multiple internal teams on special projects to execute initiatives related to web site properties and provide digital production support.
What’s in it for you? Heart.
Hear the stories. From the 8-year-old boy who recognized the signs of a stroke in his father shortly after a Jump Rope for Heart kick-off session at his school to the tearful thank you of a parent whose child has a future thanks to research we funded. You will know that your work has meaning. You will experience deep personal satisfaction as you lead your fundraising teams to success.
Every dollar counts. Every volunteer is vital. Every relationship is valued. You will feel the impact of your efforts as you grow and nurture corporate relationships and bring in the donations we need to continue to educate Canadians and fund research - including research that will close the gap in women’s heart and brain health.
Amazement. That feeling you get at the end of every day you are part of our team making a tangible impact on the well-being of your family, your friends, your community. You will be part of a foundation that worked to reduce trans fats in the food supply, place AEDs in communities across the country and control the marketing of tobacco.
Rewards. With an impressive benefits package including pension, a competitive salary and flexible hours, you will be well compensated for your efforts and commitment. As part of a fun, dedicated team with a supportive culture, you will build internal relationships, sharing ideas, learning and mentoring each other.
Timing. Now is the time to make a career move into a foundation to do meaningful work every day.
How you will make an impact everyday
- Create, build and deploy new web pages using Sitecore CMS.
- Update, maintain and revise existing online content.
- Perform quality assurance in staging environment in multiple browsers/platforms before deploying to production environment.
- Optimize content for accessibility (i.e. AODA) and speed.
- Ensure day-today operation of our website by conducting daily site maintenance and monitoring issues such as downtime, slow loading pages and broken links.
- Act as the content quality management expert in the tools & processes and when needed partner closely with internal stakeholders to ensure accuracy of information the website.
- Support updates to content strategy and implement required changes.
Optimize website experience
- Gather business requirements/goals. Collaborate with internal teams, digital developers, agency partners, etc. on delivery of digital projects.
- Keep track of multiple projects and progress.
- Creates action plans to finish projects on time.
- Use analytics to review effectiveness of assets and make recommendations to enhance the customer experience
- Implement A/B testing program and tools in order to increase conversions and improve digital experience.
What you bring
- College diploma or university degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant Web content management
- Sitecore preferred or similar content management system.
- Experience working on multi-lingual websites
- Digital production/design experience, including layout, composition, font specifications, and color specifications aligning to brand guidelines.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of HTML5
- Experience with Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop
- A solid understanding of cross-platform and responsive web design.
- Proficient knowledge of web standards.
- Knowledge of browser debugging tools (Dev Tools, Firebug)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics (GA), Google Search Console (GSC), and Google Tag Manager (GTM) and familiarity with SEO tools such as MOZ, SEMRush, etc.
- Up to date on the latest web trends and willing to share and communicate learning’s across multiple departments.
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic fast paced team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proof-reading skills.
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply here with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website or check out our latest posts on Twitter.