Position: Coordinator, Ride for Heart Corporate Challenge
Reports to: Senior Associate Manager, RIDE Corporate Challenge
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Would you like to join the sales team of Canada’s largest charity cycling, running and walking events and work at one of Canada’s most influential not-for-profit organizations? Do you have proven sales experience, strong interpersonal skills and a desire to be part of a strong team dedicated to helping end heart disease and stroke?
If so, we are looking for a results driven, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable professional to support the Senior Associate Manager, Corporate Challenge in the effective delivery and development of the Ride for Heart Corporate Challenge. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for recruiting, developing and retention of corporate relationships to support team fundraising for Heart & Stroke’s signature GTA event, Ride for Heart.
- Meet fundraising revenue and business objectives through acquisition and stewardship plans
- Provide superior customer service and develop solid relationships that lead to team completion and retention
- Assist Senior Associate Manager in developing and managing appropriate plans, critical paths, and budgets for Corporate Challenge
- Develop and foster key relationships with external shareholders including team captains and top fundraisers
- Assist Senior Associate Manager in liaising with internal stakeholders about business relationships that support Heart &Stroke
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of program.
- Assist Senior Associate Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Support Senior Associate Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening team relationships.
- Support Heart & Stroke in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
- Geographic region of Toronto/GTA
- Team fundraising revenue: > 2.4 Mil+ with high growth potential. Individual revenue goal of $800,000
- Relationships: 250 teams
- Competitive Challenge: complex
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma;
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of maintaining successful business relationships and new business development
- Experience in sales and/or account management; within the not-for profit industry would be an asset Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proven relationship building skills;
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable delivering presentations
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office;
- Own vehicle with ability to travel within GTA
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.