Position: Coordinator, Research - Projects and Information Management (12 month contract)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Research
Status: Full time contract
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Heart and Stroke funds approximately $26 million annually in life-saving research. This takes a small but mighty team, with our amazing senior volunteers in the research community, to make this happen. The team oversees a suite of research grants and awards and ensures the effective administration of peer review and award administration activities. This is a great opportunity for a relatively new university graduate (previous incumbents with accounting/data management skills have been very successful) who has a basic understanding of peer review and who has solid record and data entry/management skills.
As the Coordinator, you would support the work of the research department on all activities related to the information systems, electronic grants management system, and record management.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• can work behind the scenes supporting our research administration process;
• can manage information and understands the importance of accurate records;
• enjoys working with big data;
• has great attention to detail.
• Proactively provides data, statistics and analysis to support internal and external stakeholders.
• Accesses and analyzes data from the Research database and CIRCUlink to create reports and track funded research projects for financial/progress reporting and evaluation purposes.
• Serves as a primary contact for support (information / technical) for Heart & Stroke (H&S) online research tools.
• Responds to information requests.
• Prepares agendas, tables, written reports, briefing documents and PowerPoint presentations.
• Maintains up-to-date records of all information stored in the research department including program applications.
• Provides support for peer review and other research meetings.
• Develops and producing the annual H&S Research Report.
• Develops user guides for CIRCUlink.
• Updates and maintains the Research Website.
Research Analytics and Evaluations
• Accesses and analyzes data from the 4D Research database to create reports.
• Collects and analyzes information from a wide variety of sources to investigate aspects of issues relevant to the program/project and its future development.
Peer Review Administration
• Supports Scientific Review Committee (SRC) member recruitment.
• Supports the application submission process and peer review processes.
• Liaises with program/research staff from other organizations as needed to assist in day-to-day administration of H&S-funded initiatives.
Experience and Skills
One to three years of job-related work experience
Attention to detail, solid proofreading and analytical skills required. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
Superior information management skills
Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects with tight deadlines are essential.
Ability to work well with both written and numerical data (a preselection test will be administered to test this competency)
Previous experience working in a research funding environment would be an asset.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the full position title in the subject line of your email.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.