Position: Coordinator, Fundraising Support Services
Reports to: Associate Manager, Fundraising Support Services
Department: Community Engagement
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives. Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
At Heart & Stroke, you can help make our vision a reality: Healthy lives free from heart disease and stroke. We care about funding breakthroughs, and building meaningful, long term relationships with our supporters.
Are you an organized, dependable, multi-tasking, resourceful and supportive person who thrives on collaborating and helping your colleagues succeed? Do you believe in open, honest and timely communication? A key component of this role involves providing internal customer service support on operational issues to Community Engagement employees across Canada in a friendly and responsive manner.
Fundraising Operations Program Support
• Manage day to day communication and coordination with external suppliers for the JUMP school giveback program
• Support the Associate Manager in ensuring the implementation of Community Engagement fundraising programs across Canada is effective and efficient.
• Ensure HeartSmart Points, % cheques and gift card orders are placed
• Maintain processes (e.g. Jump cash-handling, donor processing centre) and practices related to the field – helping to ensure questions and issues are resolved in a timely fashion
• Support the Field and/or Support Services teams with special projects or when they are in need of extra support during peak times
• As requested, review program materials and participate in website testing
• Support the program forecasts (print & prize materials) process which may include collecting information from the field team
• Coordinate purchasing and selling of program resources for the Community Engagement programs
• Support the distribution of program resources to the Area Offices
• Ensure adherence to guidelines set out for forecasting, inventory control, reordering, and material returns
• Liaise with Foundation warehouse teams to manage program stock issues and solutions
• Provide Invoice control and support the integration of a new national approval process for CE programs
• Support in collecting and compiling lists (i.e. eblasts, suppression, do not contacts, missing kit/receipt books, prize draws, etc.)
Customer Service and Teamwork
• Serve as primary customer service point person for field employee inquiries – ensuring the monitoring & communication of trending issues. This work will represent approximately 50% of this person’s time.
• Communicate with all stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• As needed, collaborate with the customer service team under the Marketing Operations Manager to help resolve issues related to donors and/or program participants
• Prepare and oversee volunteer projects as required
• Work in collaboration with various internal teams and committees to implement key operational strategies
• Share information and assist in the coordination of conference call and business meetings
• Maintain a strong understanding of all CE program fundraising websites and OneCRM in order to answer questions from the field and identify & communicate trending issues
• Degree or Diploma in Business or a relevant discipline
Experience and Skills
• Experience working in databases
• Minimum 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Ability to trouble-shoot and problem-solve
• Contributes effectively in a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
• Conversational French would be an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.