Position: Coordinator, Direct Marketing
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Annual Giving
Department: Direct Marketing and Lottery
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Working closely with a core team that includes the Sr. Manager, Annual Giving and Associate Manager, Direct Marketing, the Coordinator, Direct Marketing will be responsible for providing campaign development and execution support of all direct marketing campaigns. In addition, this role will connect with other fundraising teams to support the integration of other channels and select campaigns as necessary. Keen attention to detail and ability to handle multiple, competing demands on a consistent basis are core skills necessary for this role. In addition, experience communicating with multiple internal and external stakeholders is considered an asset.
Campaign Development and Execution Support
• Develops and manages critical paths for direct marketing campaigns, and ensures that channel strategies align for all multi-channel initiatives
• Provides document editing and proofreading support to the team.
• Acts as central stakeholder and contact for provincial stakeholders for review. Follows campaign timelines and ensures provincial campaign art is accurate.
• Coordinates Quebec translation and creative development and traffics to the Quebec office for review and approval.
• Ensures all internal program owners and stakeholders – primarily Sr. Manager, Annual Giving and Manager, Individual Giving– are supported on all direct mail and email channel integration points
• Acts as the central stakeholder and contact for email setup and deployment
• Dumps and counts and live approvals on mail campaigns
• Responsible for staging links, rendering tests and subject line performance for email campaigns
• Test digital materials (emails, landing pages, etc.) to ensure proper tracking, implementation, link functionality, copy and creative implementation.
• Prepares direct marketing campaign communication brief, post-mortem document and campaign wrap-up document.
• Assist with telemarketing campaigns and other direct response tactics as required.
• Coordinates the seed tracking system ensuring that names are current and process is operating efficiently and records the campaign seeds as they come in.
• Develops testing calendars and performance summary documents in order to demonstrate campaign learnings to Senior Manager, Annual Giving
• Maintain department file of campaign samples and working files.
• Processes all courier and other shipments
• Coordinate shipping of program samples to provincial stakeholders.
• Maintain department file of campaign samples.
• Maintain file of competitive samples.
• Provides additional administrative support and meeting minutes to the National Direct Marketing team.
• Post-secondary education
Experience and Skills
• 2-3 years relevant experience
• Experience working in a fast paced environment involving multi-tasking and critical deadlines
• Extremely detail oriented with skilled accuracy
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to identify key priorities
• Excelled computer skills with sound working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and Adobe Acrobat)
• Demonstrated experience in marketing an asset
• French language is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.