Position: Coordinator, Communications
Reports to: Manager, Internal Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Status: Full time; Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a resourceful communicator, who is digital savvy and confident managing relationships across all levels of an organization. The Coordinator, Communications is responsible for the execution and high quality delivery of internal communications for the organization, as well as providing external communications support as needed. This role is also responsible for providing administrative support to the Director, Communications.
Coordinating and executing on various internal communications activities
• Manage the Heart & Stroke intranet site, including gathering and publishing new content; updating existing and/or archiving outdated content as appropriate
• Gather content and coordinate the distribution of RiTabloid, Heart & Stroke’s national bilingual employee newsletter
• Coordinate production/layout and distribution of all national employee communications
• Organize monthly departmental ‘conclaves’ and annual virtual face-to-face meeting
• Maintain translation services relationship on behalf of communications department
• Act as the point of contact for Heart & Stroke employees for internal communication requirements
• Support the planning and delivery of employee events throughout the year, both live and web-based.
• Facilitate technology for internal events, with the ability to troubleshoot quickly in programs including GoTo Webinar/Meeting, Skype, etc.
Coordinating, supporting and executing on various external communications activities
• Provide external communications support to various programs as needed
• Coordinate interviews, spokespeople and manage media relations
• Support the development and execution of key messages, Q&A, news releases, and proactive media pitches
Provide administrative support to the Director, Communications
• Preparation of materials, organization and scheduling of meetings, and travel arrangements
• Monitor and track all revenue and expense budgets
• Post-secondary education in a related field
Experience and Skills
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• Experience managing an intranet site, including design and upkeep
• Experience working with the media is an asset
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Detail-oriented, with exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Able to prioritize tasks, manage time and adapt within a fast-paced environment
• Ability to thrive under tight deadlines with limited resources
• Exceptional computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and email marketing software Constant Contact
• Familiarity with SharePoint and audio/video editing tools is an asset
• French language is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.