Position: Content Assistant
Reports to: Sr. Associate Manager, Health Information Content Management
Department: Marketing and Communications
Status: Contract, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This role supports the Heart and Stroke content teams in managing, revising, creating and uploading content for heartandstroke.ca/coeuretavc.ca and other channels. The Assistant will select images and videos, create copydecks and oversee other details as required. She or he will be versed in digital content best practices including SEO optimization, Meta data and tagging, and will be a fast learner and a good communicator who can integrate input from a variety of stakeholders into a clear plan. She or he will be a confident writer who is highly organized and attentive to details.
Reporting into the Senior Associate Manager, Health Information Content Management, and supporting the Editor and other Health Information staff as required, the Content Assistant will manage a number of projects and tasks.
Managing and uploading content as assigned for heartandstroke.ca/coeuretavc.ca
• finding creative solutions to content demands within the website structure
• reviewing web content and suggesting and executing enhancements to improve search-ability and readability
• researching images as required
• audit of website to identify image and video needs
• maintaining back-end systems for orderly site maintenance and content tracking
Revising and creating content as assigned for heartandstroke.ca/coeuretavc.ca
• reviewing internal documents and updating existing pages for science or message changes or in response to changing program needs
• finding and integrating curated links and resources on pages
• researching and developing new content
Providing customer service
• responding to questions and requests from external customers using health information tools and prepared answers
• assisting with projects and deliverables for other internal stakeholders
Supporting projects as assigned
• ensuring clear understanding and documentation of tasks and prioritizing appropriately
• developing and maintaining project plans suitable to the task
• managing task to completion including periodic reporting to Senior Manager, and communication to stakeholders as required
• tracking requests, activities and results in existing tracking tools
• post-secondary education
Experience and Skills
• 1-3 years’ experience supporting digital content
• strong writing skills
• aptitude for health and medical writing
• strong knowledge of digital media, including SEO optimization
• marketing mind (i.e. headspace of the user)
• aptitude for customer service
• demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• highly organized with attention to details
• ability to be productive with some ambiguity
• knowledge of French would be an asset
• knowledge of Site core content management system would be an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and /